Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A View About Fireworks...

As you all know, Malaysia has been hosting the International Fireworks Competition for two years in a row (2007 & 2008). And of course, the usual venue is in Putrajaya International Convention Centre. I wasn't able to capture the 2007 fireworks (because I didn't know about it).

Last week, the competition started-off with fireworks display from Malaysia on the 12 August. Sadly, I wasn't able to capture good photos of it, as I was doing an overtime at the office, and I started to leave the office at 21:25. As I've reached the bus stand, the fireworks went off. I was kind of nervous (but thrilled) as I might miss capturing the moment.

Turns out, I was able to capture some... But it's not a very satisfactory shot, as the angle was obstructed and the distant from the fireworks was very long...

The second display was from China on the 16 August. This time, I was able to come early at the location of the competition. I met my best buddy DJ (his fullname is Djeesfan... Pronounced 'Just Fun'. He's like a big brother to me). Then I've met some other guys (and girls) from the Malaysian Fotopages Community: I've met Jaggat and Sina (my old classmate during my degree in UiTM). There are other people at that time, but I didn't know their names as I forgot to ask them (sorry guys)..

The good part was, Jaggat gave DJ and me the media pass to enter PICC... Meaning that we could take photographs from PICC. Hehee :D, I felt very happy & energetic. We rushed to PICC, parked DJs car, and went on to the 1st floor.. We have some snacks and wait till 21.30 before entering the main viewing balcony, where the Fireworks Judges, VIPs, and PICC guests which have paid RM60 for viewing the fireworks (along with buffet meals and other entertainments).. But we paid nothing...

At 22:00, the PICC balcony is packed with viewers: The press and other media, photographers and photo-enthusiasts, grown-ups and children, all left their seats and started to flock around the edge of the balcony as they want to take a closer look of the fireworks display.. Then the fireworks starts to spark.. With an audio narration, started small, then big.. Along with the rhythm of highs and lows.. Like the tides of the ocean..

20th August.. It's working day.. I don't have a problem with my works at the office, but rather worried about the fireworks in Wednesday night. So you can imagine the hassle that i have to went through before getting near the fireworks location.. Right after work at about 6 pm, I went straight to the bus stand in front of MMU, waiting for the T429 shuttle bus which takes it's passengers all the way to Putrajaya Central. The wait is an agonizing and time consuming. For about half an hour, there's still no sign of the bus. Now my mind has a split decision: whether to wait and took the bus (which might make me loose a lot of time), or take a faster way by a cab (and straight to heart of the event). I figured, why not take a cab.. And there I was, waving my hand. And the cab stops, luckily a Muslim person.. I gave Salam to him, then off i go. While happily chatting with the driver, I saw the T429 bus went pass the opposite lane. The only thing in my mind at that moment, is that I will reach much more faster to PICC rather than the bus (which I have to take another one before reaching PICC). I'm optimistic at that point, until the cab driver told me that he wants to refill his NGV tank. And guess what..? The time spent for waiting in queue and filling the gas, is the same as if I still waits for the bus, hop-in, sits quietly and arrive at Putrajaya Central. Man, what a waste of money. But then again, I'm still optimistic.. As the roads to PICC is getting really congested, which might slowed down considerably to the bus rather than the small and mobile cab.

4 comments:

Ezzeline said...

welcome to da club
:D

hani (^_^) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sahaini said...

awesome bro!

Kadmiel said...

those are just great phot shots i love them please keep it up :)